Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My goal

I want to start a non profit that offers support groups and other types of support for parents, grandparents, siblings...anyone who has had the loss of a baby effect them. There is only one, that's right ONE, support group that meets once a mouth in Tucson. Many places have none. It is a hard subject I understand that it took me 3 years to talk to others about what happened but people should feel that it is ok to talk about it. It actually helps. Although I am much better about being open with my feelings when I am typing a blog on my phone.
All the news and media make fun of people or ridicule them for the way they grieve. I think this is a lot of the reason that people don't feel comfortable talking about it. I mentioned the Duggar family in a previous post, I admire them. I don't share their strict views or want to have 20 children but the way they share these intimate heart breaking times with the world is admirable. They do it to encourage people and try and help them. I was horrified with the way the public and media tried to portray them when a picture of their tiny daughters hand was released. I was so angry. How would they feel if someone acted that way about their child, I can bet they wouldn't be ok with it.
Ok, I got off subject, I want their to be the support people need when they need it. This is going to be a long process but I believe it will be well worth the work. I have been reading a lot online about starting a non profit and it will take a lot of time but in the end if I can help someone then it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment